Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mega + Batard = Megatard

It's been a while but the stars aligned this morning and produced something very special.  So special in fact, that Steve and I changed our facebook profile pictures because of it.

What am I talking about?  The mysterious and rare megatard, in other words, a very big loaf of bread.  We were planning on one of our normal Saturday wholesale clients to order their normal baguettes but they ended up not.  So, what to do with an extra 20 lbs of dough?  We could recycle it, which we normally would do but we're already sitting on a bunch of extra dough so I decided to bake it.  And, this is what we got.




We've made other megatards.  I wish I would still have those photos.  But, there will be more to come.

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha. I wish I could have tasted that thing. it smelled so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At picture time, it was still quite soft. I put it out front so it could be enjoyed by everyone. Didn't take even a slice home with me...hope it's still there tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete