Wednesday, March 14, 2012

2012 Update

I left you at the end of 2011 with a sense of relief that the farmers' markets were over and a time to work on new ideas. I thought I could get back to you sooner and before I knew it I'm already starting to think a about this year's markets. How time does fly!

One of things that I wanted to work on during the break was a pie crust. Mixing and forming by hand is very different than in a scaled up environment. With the equipment that I have, especially my Rondo machine, I think that I might have a better-than-home method.

Three pies I made at home with dough that I made at the bakery.  Apple,  Apple/Rhubarb and Pear/Rhubarb
I also made a couple of pork pot pies but I ate them before I had a chance to take any pictures.

In the near future I'd like to offer fruit pies, savory pies and even just plain dough for anyone to make what ever kind of pie that they'd like.  I'll definitely be keeping some in my freezer this summer to take advantage of seasonal fruit for a quick dessert.

Other projets on the burner are gluten free buns and pretzel buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment