Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Eve Breaks Baguette Record

I guess someone read my post a couple of months ago about me wanting to bake more baguettes.  Thanks!  With the extra accounts that we've gotten in the past month plus the holiday increase we baked 475 baguettes this morning.  I'm not really sure what the previous record was but I'd guess around 400.  We haven't even hit the farmers' market season or a big holiday yet.  I'm getting what I wished for and I'm a little afraid.  It would be nice to have a second oven and a lot more cooling racks.  That will have to be added to the bakery wish list.

This also is a good time to note that last summer I was happy to reach the one pallet of flour per week.  That's fifty 50 lbs bags or 2500 lbs.  Right now I'm running at around 70 bags per week.  I'm hoping that by the end of the summer I'll have reach the two pallets per week mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment