Saturday, October 23, 2010

Le Quartier in Omaha, NE

We have been open for over a week now, almost two by the time I'm getting this post out there, but I have only updated our website a couple of days ago.  I think that we needed a week for a "soft opening".  Call me conservative but, there are always things that you can't predict that need to be worked out before you want a long line at the order counter.  I wasn't there myself, Seth was but, it was a good decision.  We saw different product demands at our second Lincoln store and we knew that it would be the same in Omaha so we wanted to have some time to see what those differences would be.  Surprisingly our pastries aren't selling as well as in Lincoln and lunch is a big success.

Overall, we are very pleased with our first week in Omaha.  Honestly, compared to our Lincoln stores it was a home run.  Maybe it's because we were that much more prepared at opening a store or maybe it's the city.  We have seen a lot of love from Omaha but we are now almost four years old so I thinks it's a combination.

Below are a couple of photos from our training day where we opened the door and some people came in to take a look at what we were up to.  We sampled breads, pastries and cakes and hopefully enticed some people to come back when we were actually open, Tuesday October 11, 2010.

There are a few things that we'd like to add to our bakery in Omaha.  We'd like to have products like olive oils, spreads, anything that would compliment bread and French wine by the bottle.  Our blue cheese loaf and a bottle of Burgundy goes hand in hand (be careful not to finish both in one sitting).


Training day customers, Oct. 9, 2010
 

My mom supervising and Seth in the back helping out a customer


2 comments:

  1. I would love to see your Omaha store expand! To sell olive oils is an excellent idea.

    But I do have one recommendation - perhaps to serve decaf coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your excellent guidelines will be of great help to many. Nice post. I enjoyed reading it. Thanks!

    Bakery Equipment

    ReplyDelete